Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Class Book Checkouts
Class Book Checkout
- Each teacher must complete the “Class Checkout” form requesting a class checkout (CC Form Link )
- Teachers will receive a confirmation email confirming the class book drop off date and time
- Students can start immediately requesting their book holds using Library World LINK (if prompted to put in a username & password: Username: Valley High LEAVE THE PASSWORD BLANK)
- Click the Library World Link
- Browse the catalog
- Request a hold on the titles you want
- Pick up your books on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 9 AM to 2:00 PM
- Book pick up location will be in the front office foyer
- Book drop-offs will be Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- There is a box in the front office foyer for all book drop-offs
- Just place your book in the book return box
- Find more details HERE
Student ID Request
Student ID's will only be printed based on the student's needs. Please complete the ID form to request an ID. If you were already issued an ID at any time while attending Valley High School you will have to pay $5 for a replacement.
ID Request Form
In School Student Checkouts
In-School Mobile Book Checkout
- You can check out books at any time using the online book hold request found in Library World “Link to catalog”.
- (if prompted to put in a username & password: Username: Valley High LEAVE THE PASSWORD BLANK)
- You must request a hold on the titles in Library World. Requesting Holds Video
- You can request a hold for up to two titles and the books will be delivered to your last period of the day if possible.
- An email will be sent to you confirming the request and providing more details about when the books will be dropped off.
- During the book hold request, you must have the following information in the comment section
- Last period Teacher Name & Room Number
Virtual Book Campaign
Virtual Book Campaign
Win Free Food, Gift Cards, & Other Prizes
Whooo's Reading Instructions
Students go to https://www.whooosreading.org/
> "Login" > "Student" > "Have a Class Code?" > Enter the code: PLGH7419
Class Signup Link: You can copy and paste the link into their browser.
After reading each book go to your Whooo’s Reading account
and answer a few questions about your book.
Video on how to use Whooo’s Reading
This is how you earn credit for each book you read!
Valley High School
10200 Dixie Hwy., Louisville, KY 40272