Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gale databases curated for our school to meet any of your research needs! Dive into science, social studies, history, literature and more to find authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts and images! These databases are continuously updated to provide current information.
The Purdue OWL has many hints and suggestions to help you in research projects, including evaluating sources and using the information to create a research product.
Check out the links under Conducting Research.
If you use website sources, see the PowerPoint slides under Searching Online.
To access all of Kentucky Virtual Library (KYVL)
Use this link to get to Academic Search Complete & more!
Or choose from one of the following:
For articles, use explora
Britannica - comprehensive & in depth place to start your research!
ProQuest - More opportunities to explore resources!
Always evaluate your sources! Use these steps (CRAAP):
- When was the information published?
- Can I find sources that are more up-to-date?
- Is the information helping me answer my research questions?
- Is the information too simple or brief? Is it too difficult to understand?
- Does the information seem believable?
- Did you find similar or different information from other sources?
- Who is the author or publisher of this information?
- Is this person/organization an expert in the topic?
- What's the purpose of the information? Is it to sell or educate?
- Is this information used for persuasion or propaganda?
Fern Creek High School
9115 Fern Creek Rd., Louisville, KY 40291