The Bullying Prevention LibGuide provides information on high quality bullying prevention and intervention materials customized to meet the needs of individual Jefferson County Public School students. Resources were selected on their potential to help empower the target, mobilize the bystander and rehabilitate the bully.
This dynamic online portal is organized for easy searching by grade level groupings: K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12. In addition to a description of each resource, a link to your school library’s catalog makes it easy to check availability. You may begin your search using the grade level grouping tab or a keyword in the search box.
General criteria for inclusion:
1. Materials shall support and be consistent with District goals and the school’s curricular objectives.
2. Materials shall meet high standards of quality in factual content and presentation.
3. Materials shall be appropriate for the subject area: bullying and for the developmental stage of students for whom the materials are selected.
4. Materials shall exhibit competent authorship for the subject treated.
5. Materials shall be of acceptable technical quality and suitable physical format or able to be accessed via the JCPS computer network.
6. Materials shall foster respect for all people, especially minority and ethnic groups, and shall represent realistically our pluralistic society.
7. Materials concerned with racial, religious, sexual or ethnic differences shall be free from stereotype, caricature, and other characteristics likely to misrepresent, offend or defame particular segments of the population.
8. Materials concerning religion shall be free from intention to indoctrinate beliefs of any one faith, or to belittle any other.
9. Materials shall be designed to motivate students and staff to examine their own attitudes and behaviors and to comprehend their own duties, responsibilities, rights and privileges as participating citizens in a pluralistic, non-sexist society.
10. Materials treating controversial issues shall be selected on the basis of their ability to provide students a balanced perspective concerning current events, education, government, history, politics, or any other phase of life.
Library Media Services
C.B. Young Service Center, Bldg. 6
3001 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY 40209